We aim to give back to our community locally and globally. As such, we support organizations working to build a stronger community in San Francisco and on cacao farms across the globe.
We want to make our charitable efforts personal; with that in mind, we ask that local organizations interested in our support come to our cafe + factory in person to drop off their donation request. This helps us know your organization more intimately.
To submit a donation request:
1. Print and fill out our Donation Request Form.
2. Visit us in person at 740 Valencia Street during our regular hours.
3. Ask for Dana and give her the form.
All donation requests must be made at least 4 weeks in advance of the date the donation is needed. We will be in touch with you within a week of your dropping off the form. If you haven’t heard from us within a week, please email us.
Want to know if your organization is eligible?
Before submitting an in-person request form, please review these guidelines:
1. We donate to non-profits (501c3) in San Francisco focused on disadvantaged populations, education, the arts and sciences, and improving our local food community and to non-profits focused on improving cacao farms and growing techniques, and championing fine-flavored cacao across the globe.
2. We focus our giving on organizations based in San Francisco, especially in the Mission, working on initiatives that directly help populations in need and directly impacts or benefits San Franciscans.
3. We’ll make financial contributions as well as donations of time and goods, namely chocolate bars. We prioritize educational donations that engage our community, such as tours and classes.
Please note that we do not:
1. Accept mailed or emailed donation request forms. Any donation request forms submitted in this matter will not be considered.
2. Mail or deliver donated items. All items must be arranged for pick-up at our cafe + factory.
3. Support third party or individual fundraisers.
4. Donate hot chocolate or pastries. We’re unfortunately unable to donate hot chocolates or pastries at this time.