We do all of our sample/test roasting in a little Behmor 1600 (and we do a loooot of test roasts):
During a roast yesterday, however, it started spewing out gray smoke. I wish I’d snapped a picture of it but we were busy unplugging it and grabbing a fire extinguisher. After the smoke cleared, we needed to do some quick roaster surgery or we’d have a serious kink in our testing pipeline. You can see all of the roaster guts below:
We figured out pretty quickly that one of the fan motors had burned out but the rest of it was fine. Here’s the failed component:
We replaced the part and Todd and Alice made short work of putting it all back together:
After that, we did a few tests and then we were back in business!