When we think about our year in terms of chocolate bars, we see a ribbon that spans ten countries, numerous partnerships with producers and importers, and thirty-plus months of roast tests and flavor-profile development. It's an entire calendar of countless kilos of beans, molds filled and released, and thousands of bars passing through our hands.
We have been setting aside chocolate to make this bar assortment well-rounded and complete, and we can't wait for you to open the collection. The strap-secured, fabric-covered accordion box, designed in collaboration with acclaimed S.F. artist, designer, and builder Yvonne Mouser, is a time capsule of chocolate-factory passion and production.
These ten chocolate bars — some of which we'll never make again, and others which are dwindling in number — are presented in a handsome, gift-ready box that is one of our product makers’ most time-consuming labors of love. Ten panels inside each collection box are glued into place by hand at our San Francisco factory. Each bar insert follows, and then all ten bars are nested into place. The accordion is carefully closed, and hand-tied to keep it snug.
Our 2022 Collection features a thoughtfully curated selection of ten chocolate bars that best represent our year:
- 70% Costa Esmeraldas, Ecuador, 2020 Harvest, Batch 2
- 70% Semuliki Forest, Uganda, 2022 Harvest, Batch 1
- 70% Kokoa Kamili, Tanzania, 2019 Harvest, Batch 1
- 70% Maya Mountain, Belize, 2021 Harvest, Batch 2
- 70% Ambanja, Madagascar, 2017 Harvest, Batch 4
- 70% Tumaco, Colombia, 2021 Harvest, Batch 1
- 70% Zorzal Comunitario, Dominican Republic, 2021 Harvest, Batch 1
- 85% Costa Esmeraldas, Ecuador, 2020 Harvest, Batch 2
- 85% Maya Mountain, Belize, 2021 Harvest, Batch 1
- 100% Camino Verde, Ecuador, 2022 Harvest, Batch 1
- Ingredients & Allergens
- All of our single-origin bars are made with just cocoa beans and sugar; no added cocoa butter, lecithin, or vanilla. Our chocolate is free of soy, dairy, eggs, and gluten, and it is made in a factory that does not process nuts.
- 20 oz (567 g)
- Learn More
- Learn more about our cocoa beans and sugar — the region, the farms, and the producers.