This set was hand picked for you to taste subtleties in the ways flavor notes emerge on your palate — which vary, depending on the origin of the cocoa beans. As with music, sometimes high notes sound in the beginning of a song, sometimes in the middle, and so on.
We invite you to pay attention to the fruity notes in these three bars, and to the moments you notice notes as you taste. To us, kiwi is front and center in our Kokoa Kamili bar. Our Zorzal Comunitario bar has a cherry aroma that lingers on the palate. And our Costa Esmeraldas bar is chocolate-forward, then ends with a sweet blueberry note.
We are often asked, “When did you add the fruit?” — yet we don't include any fruit in our chocolate bars; they are crafted with just two ingredients: cocoa beans and organic cane sugar. The differences you taste among bars reflect the beans' origins, and our chocolate makers’ fine-tuning of the making process, to let subtleties shine.
We take determining our cited flavor notes for each bar seriously — we conduct several panels and blind tastings to decide them — though one magical characteristic of
chocolate is that every person's tasting experience is unique.
Taste and discover what flavors you enjoy. This set includes:
- 70% Kokoa Kamili, Tanzania, 2021 Harvest, Batch 1
- 70% Zorzal Comunitario, DR, 2022 Harvest Batch 1
- 70% Costa Esmeraldas, Ecuador, 2020 Harvest, Batch 2
- Ingredients & Allergens
- All of our single-origin chocolate is made with just cocoa beans and sugar; no added cocoa butter, lecithin, or vanilla. Our chocolate is free of soy, dairy, eggs, and gluten, and it is made in a factory that does not process nuts.
- 6 oz (170 g)
- Learn More
- Learn more about our cocoa beans and sugar — the region, the farms, and the producers.